post-doc at the Institute of Computer Science researching time series analysis methods for detecting and analyzing weak interactions between complex systems. In January 2009 a PhD in the field of Biocybernetics and Artificial Intelligence was completed, under the supervision of Milan Paluš.
Department of Nonlinear modeling
Institute of Computer Science
Czech Academy of Sciences
Pod Vodarenskou vezi 2
Tel: (+420) 26605 3911
E-mail: vejmelka [at-remove-spam] cs.cas.cz
- experimental time series analysis,
- relationships in complex systems,
- information theory,
- computational neuroscience.
- FP6 BRACCIA
- FP7 BRAINSYNC
- Interactions, information transfer and complex structures in the dynamics of changing climate (CSF P103/11/J068)
- 2005 - 2009 Postgraduate student at Faculty of Electrical Engineering, Czech Technical University
- 2005 Graduated with honors in Technical Cybernetics, Faculty of Electrical Engineering, Czech Technical University
- 2009- Employed as a post-doc researcher working on the FP7 BrainSync project
- 2005-2009 Employed as postgraduate student and researcher at the Institute of Computer Science within the framework of the FP6 BRACCIA initiative
- 2001-2004 developer specialized in computational artificial intelligence in the Applied research department of Certicon, a.s.
- TU Delft, Netherlands, 2003 - Pattern Recognition ATHENS Summer School
- Klinik fuer Epileptologie, Universitaet Bonn, 2004 - One month visit to the group of Dr. Klaus Lehnertz
- Helmholtz Institute for Supercomputational Physics, Potsdam, Germany, 2005 -
- Edinburgh Parallel Computing Centre, Edinburgh, Scotland, 2007 -
- CSC Finland, Helsinki, 2010 - Summer school on parallel programming of supercomputers (Cray XT4) - http://www.csc.fi/english